New Zealand Cricket: Australia leg-spinner Adam Zampa and New Zealand captain Mitchell Santner have been ruled out of Surrey’s knockout matches ahead of the resumption of the T20 Blast this season. Surrey, who topped the South Group, are set to face Northamptonshire in the quarterfinals at The Oval on September 3. Santner, 33, had earlier withdrawn from The Hundred due to injury and remains unavailable.Later, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) said Santner had experienced pain in his groin while playing in The Hundred and has since returned home. NZC had also said Santner will undergo abdominal surgery with a recovery period of around one month, leaving him in a race against time to be fit for the series against Australia. "Mitch is a world-class player and a crucial part of our T20 side from a skills and leadership point of view. With that in mind, we expect to name him in our squad when we announce it in a couple of weeks, and from there we can assess how his rest and rehabilitation progress following surgery, before making a call on the eve of the series," head coach Rob Walter had said at that time. Later, New Zealand Cricket (NZC) said Santner had experienced pain in his groin while playing in The Hundred and has since returned home. NZC had also said Santner will undergo abdominal surgery with a recovery period of around one month, leaving him in a race against time to be fit for the series against Australia. Also Read: LIVE Cricket ScoreZampa played four matches for Surrey this season, taking nine wickets at an average of 13.22. The county club also confirmed that New Zealand pacer Nathan Smith will not feature again in the T20 Blast after sustaining an injury during the Black Caps’ 2-0 Test series win against Zimbabwe. Article Source: IANS
You may also like
MasterChef viewers disgusted as they issue major complaint over scene on BBC show
Floods hit NH-21: NHAI launches urgent restoration action plan for Kiratpur-Manali Highway
Dharmasthala case: Dharmadhikari Veerendra Heggade appeals for peace among devotees
Rahul Gandhi should extend unconditional apology: Pralhad Joshi on 'abuse' against PM Modi
Surgery Count Dips At AIIMS Bhopal; Shortage Of OT Consumables Leads To 55,000 Drop In Operations In One Year